Check the following
before calling for help. Chances are these simple steps will save you
some serious cash!
Many printer problems are
due to faulty connections.
- Make sure that the printer
is plugged in and power is on.
- Check the USB or LPT connection
on the back of your computer.
- Make sure printer cables
are in good condition. No kinks, serious twists and no duct tape holding
things together. Use quality cables.
- Power Cycle your printer
(Turn it off and turn it back on).
Clear Print Queue
- Click on START
- Click on Control Panel
- Select Printers and Faxes
- Right Click on the Printer You're having
- Select CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS
Wait for all the documents to be canceled
and try printing again.
Reset Print Spooler
- Right Click on MY COMPUTER
- Select MANAGE
- Select SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS
- Select SERVICES
- Right Click on PRINT SPOOLER
- Select RESTART
If your printer is printing goofy characters
like ~`G^**^@nk then you probably have a corrupt printer driver.
Try re-installing the driver for your printer.
Restart your computer.